Your ZOT Account reflects charges billed to you, as well as credits and payments made to the account. Generally, balances are due by the 15th of every month. If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, your balance will be due on the next business day.
Billing Schedule and Payment Deadlines
- Registration, campus based fees & housing charges are billed quarterly.
- Students receive monthly notice via email when the new bill is ready in ZOT Account.
- If tuition and fees are not paid in full by 5:00 PM on the fee payment deadline, you will be disenrolled from your classes.
- Classes may not be available when students are allowed access to enroll again.
Best practice is to check ZOT Account at least once a month!
CHARGES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICEThese figures may not be final: fees and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California. Accordingly, final approved levels and charges may differ from the amounts shown. Please go to the UCI General Catalogue for descriptions and amounts of approved fees. Consult the UCI Registrar for the most up-to-date information.
- Registration Fees
- To be officially registered at UCI, you must complete two steps: enrolling in classes, and paying your registration fees by the quarterly fee deadline. Financial Aid and Graduate Support recipients must enroll first in the Minimum Required Units (MRU), in order for Financial Aid to apply to registration fees.
- Course, Laboratory and Materials Fees
- These fees are typically billed three weeks after the start of classes.
- eTech Fees
- These fees are typically billed three weeks after the start of classes. For more information regarding the eTech fee please see https://etech.uci.edu/.
- Late Fees
- Your ZOT Account will incur a late fee of $20.00 per month if the amount due is not paid by the due date.
- Student Health Insurance
UCI students are assessed a student health insurance plan (SHIP) fee as part of their registration fees. If you can demonstrate coverage by a comparable health insurance plan, you may submit an online request to waive out of SHIP. If approved, the SHIP waiver is effective for the current term through to the end of the academic year.
Click the “UC SHIP Waiver” link in your ZOT Account to get started. To waive out of SHIP for the current academic year, follow the instructions to submit your online request during the open waiver period. Waiver Schedules for several academic years are posted at the Student Health Center web site. A new waiver request must be submitted for each year.
You can submit a waiver request ONE TIME ONLY for a given academic year. Carefully complete the waiver worksheet in advance, so you have the correct information prepared. After submitting your request online, you receive an immediate approval or denial. You cannot go back to change your answers or restart the online process.
Submit your request early in the open waiver period, so your ZOT Account may be updated well before the registration fee payment deadline. Allow 10 business days for the waiver credit to be posted to your account. If you need to register before then, pay the Amount Due with no deduction for SHIP. A credit balance/refund will be generated when the waiver is posted. For further information, please visit the site: Student Health Center Insurance.
- SIR (Student Intent to Register) Deposits
- Undergraduate SIR deposits are credited to students’ Zot Account as payment toward their Registration fees.