UCI students have the ability to grant guest access to trusted family or friends so that they may view student invoices and/or make payments via CASHNet, our third-party service provider.
GUESTS FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO REQUEST AND ACTIVATE A TPID:
- Go to the UCI TPID Request Form
- Complete Step 1 by entering:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Birthday (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Last 4 digits of SSN (optional)
- Your email address.
- Complete Step 2 by clicking inside the box next to Yes confirming your agreement to comply with UCI's Computer Network Use Policy
- Click on the Create my UCInetID button to submit your form
- You will see a confirmation that your request has been accepted and that a message has been sent to the email address you put in your request form.
- Look for an email from UCI Office of Information Technology with the subject line of UC Irvine: Activation of Third-Party UCInetID.
- Upon receipt of the email click the link to open a UCI Office of Information Technology webpage where you will activate your TPID.
- Once the UCI TPIDactivation webpage opens, you will need to:
- Create a TPID password
- Enter your password twice
- For help with password creation please review the:Guidelines for Password Selection
- Choose a TPID confidential password security question
- Use the drop down menu to choose your security question then type your answer twice.
- This confidential question and answer will allow you to reset your TPID password
- Set a TPID Call-in support security question
- Create a unique question and answer that will be used by UCI IT to staff to verify your identity when you call in for support
- Click on the Create UCInetID button
- Create a TPID password
- Once your TPID activation is complete you will receive another email from UCI Office of Information Technology confirming that your activation has been sucessful.
- Next: Give your TPID to your student so he/she can grant you access. You DO NOT yet have access to the student's ZOT Bills. Your student MUSTset-up your access with the TPID that you provide to him/her.
STUDENTS FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO GRANT 3rd PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR ZOT BILLS:
- You MUST know your guests UCINetID (if the guest is a UCI student/employee) or their Third-Party UCINetID (TPID) in order to give guest access to your ZOT Bills.
- Sign into your ZOT Account using your UCI Student ID#, UCINetId Password
- Click on Authorize Guest Access to Your Student Account in the left hand navigation bar
- Go to the 'Guest Access - Authorization to Release Financial Information' section:
- Read the release and put a check mark in the box acknowledging your approval to release financial information.
- Go to the 'Add Guest Access' section:
- Type in the UCINetID or TPID of your guest.
- Click on the drop down arrow and choose the guest relationship.
- Click the ADD button.
- Go to the 'Guest List' section and confirm that your guest is listed as an authorized user with a check mark next to their name then click the UDPATE button.
- Notify your guest that access has been granted. Your guest can now go to:ZOT Account and click on the 'Guest Access to the Student Account' button to sign in to view the Student Invoice using their TPID.
The student invites the guest to use CASHNet by adding the guest to his/her CASHNet account as an authorized third party.
When a student has successfully set-up an authorized user, this will only allow access to the CASHNet system, and does not qualify as a release to all Financial Information (FERPA release).
STUDENTS FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO GRANT 3rd PARTY ACCESS TO CASHNet TO PAY STUDENT CHARGES:
- Sign into your ZOT Accountusing your UCI Student ID#, UCINetId Password
- Click on 'Update Your Payment Profile' link in the left navigation bar
- Click on the Continue button at the UCI Prepayment and Overpayment Policy screen to be taken to CASHNet
- Click on the My Account link in the top navigation bar
- In the Authorized Third Parties section (bottom left hand section of page) click on the 'Add New' link
- You must fill in the following mandatory information:
- Third Party ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Confirm Email Address
- Relationship to Student
- The Phone Number, Address, City, State, Zip and Add a Note fields are all optional. It is recommended that you complete the Welcome Note with a personal message to your trusted guest.
- Check the Yes/No boxes as appropriate for SMS notifications (note, log in check box must be Yes)
- Click the OK button
- Notify your guest to look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know that you have created an account for them.
GUESTSFOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO SET-UP GUEST ACCESS TO CASHNet TO PAY STUDENT CHARGES:
- Your student MUST have already granted you guest access to the CASHNet payment portal. Once he/she has done that please look for an email from email@example.com. The email will contain your new CASHNet Third Party User ID and Password. Click on the link in the email or go to: https://commerce.cashnet.com/ucipay. Enter your user name/password to sign in.
- You will be prompted to change your password.
- You will be prompted to choose and answer a security question. Once finished click on the SUBMIT button.
- You are now signed into CASHNet where you can view balances and payment history, make payments, view your account details as well as change your CASHNet Third Party User ID, password, and security question. You can also set-up SMS account alerts to send text messages confirming that your payment has been received.
Helpful TIp: Shoud you need to reset your CASHNet password please contact the student that granted you guest access. The student can reset your password you when they are logged into their ZOT Account and inside the CASHNet payment portal.
Students may authorize Financial Services to release their financial information to trusted family or friends by completing the Authorization to Release Financial Information Form. This authorization must completed, signed and delivered by the student to Campus Billing and Collections with a valid form of identification (Student ID or DL). Please see Contact Us for our Office Location and Hours of Operation.
Please note that this authorization does not give the guest access to all student records, such as grades and transcripts. For more information on obtaining these records please visit Registrar (Privacy Student Records)