UCI has outsourced the production and Customer Service Call Center for your 2018 IRS Form 1098-T to TAB SERVICES, a private company completely independent from UCI.
When your tax form is posted online at TAB SERVICES, UCI Campus Billing and Collections (email@example.com) will automatically e-mail a courtesy notification to you.
Below is a sample of the 1098-T courtesy notification you will receive. Content may vary.
From: UC Irvine [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: <date and time stamps for the message>
To: <your UCI e-mail address, or a valid alternate you entered in TSC>
Subject: Your 2018 IRS 1098-T Form Is Available
This message is COURTESY NOTIFICATION to inform you that your 1098-T is ready for you to download.
How to access your 1098-T form?
- If you have an active UCINetID and password, login to the campus Zot!Portal https://portal.uci.edu/and find the 1098-T app on the Student > Finances
- If you are a Division of Continuing Education student, login to the My Account portal, https://ce.uci.edu/courses/secure/login.aspxand click “Download IRS Form 1098-T.”
- If you do not have portal access, or you need a 1098-T from UCEAP or another UC campus, visit the University of California Office of the President (UCOP) web page http://www.ucop.edu/1098t/ for login instructions.
If someone else claims you as a dependent, be sure to forward your 1098-T to that person.
Why are you receiving this message?
UCI issued a 1098-T to you because you had at least one reportable transaction (such as a registration payment) during the calendar year. You’ll need your 1098-T to determine if you qualify for an education tax credit. For more information, refer to IRS Publication 970 (Tax Benefits for Education) https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf. Your 1098-T does not report income or tax owed.
Need help with your 1098-T?
Send an email to email@example.com. All inquiries will be answered via email.
For campus-related information, visit these web sites:
- UCI Financial Services > Education Tax Credits https://www.fs.uci.edu/taxes/index/
- UCI Division of Continuing Education > Tax Information https://ce.uci.edu/resources/financial/taxes/
UCI cannot provide tax advice. Visit the IRS web site http://www.irs.gov/ for assistance with your tax questions.