REFUND PAGE IMAGE EDITS
Refunds are based on schedules approved by the UC Regents and are published in the UCI General Catalogue.
The Student Health Insurance Fee is refundable only when the withdrawal form is submitted prior to the first day of the term. Generally, this is prior to the first day of instruction. Refer to the Quarterly Academic Calendar for dates. Undergraduate and graduate students who withdraw beginning the first day of the applicable term and thereafter will remain covered under the Student Health Insurance Plan for the remainder of the term.
Late service charges are nonrefundable.
New Undergraduate Students and New Graduate Students
Prior to and including the first day of instruction, fees are refunded in full, less the nonrefundable $250 Statement of Intent to Register deposit, and the Student Health Insurance Fee as indicated above. On the second day of instruction and after, the Schedule of Refunds is applied to the balance of registration fees paid. Refer to the Standard Refund Schedule below for refund percentages. New students receiving Federal Financial Aid follow a different refund schedule, as shown in the second schedule.
Continuing Undergraduate and Continuing Graduate Students
Prior to and including the first day of instruction, fees are refunded in full, less a $10 service charge and the Student Health Insurance Fees as indicated above. On the second day of instruction and after, the Schedule of Refunds is applied to the balance of registration fees paid. Refer to the Standard Refund Schedule below for refund percentages.
Students Living in Campus Housing
Contact the UCI Housing Office regarding your contract and possible refund.
Law Students: Visit the School of Law web site for the Withdrawal Refund Schedule.
Standard Refund Schedule
Part or the entire refund amount will be applied to any financial obligations you may owe to the University, such as financial aid, student loans, library fines, etc.
See the section on Tuition and Fees Refunds in the UCI General Catalogue for more information.
Guest Access to CASHNet to Pay Student Charges Online
Students can grant guest access to authorized users to CASHNet, our third-party payment processing partner, so that authorized users can pay student charges online.
The student invites the guest to use CASHNet by adding the guest to his/her CASHNet account as an authorized third party.
When a student has successfully set-up an authorized user, this will only allow access to the CASHNet system, and does not qualify as a release to all Financial Information (FERPA release).
STUDENTS FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO GRANT 3rd PARTY ACCESS TO CASHNet TO PAY STUDENT CHARGES:
- Sign into your ZOT Account using your UCI Student ID#, UCINetId & Password
- Click on 'Update Your Payment Profile' link in the left navigation bar
- Click on the Continue button at the UCI Prepayment and Overpayment Policy screen to be taken to CASHNet
- Click on the My Account link in the top navigation bar
- In the Authorized Third Parties section (bottom left hand section of page) click on the 'Add New' link
- You must fill in the following mandatory information:
- Third Party ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Confirm Email Address
- Relationship to Student
- The Phone Number, Address, City, State, Zip and Add a Note fields are all optional. It is recommended that you complete the Welcome Note with a personal message to your trusted guest.
- Check the Yes/No boxes as appropriate for SMS notifications (note, log in check box must be Yes)
- Click the OK button
- Notify your guest to look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know that you have created an account for them.
GUESTS FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO SET-UP GUEST ACCESS TO CASHNet TO PAY STUDENT CHARGES:
- Your student MUST have already granted you guest access to the CASHNet payment portal. Once he/she has done that please look for an email from email@example.com. The email will contain your new CASHNet Third Party User ID and Password. Click on the link in the email or go to: https://commerce.cashnet.com/ucipay. Enter your user name/password to sign in.
- You will be prompted to change your password.
- You will be prompted to choose and answer a security question. Once finished click on the SUBMIT button.
- You are now signed into CASHNet where you can view balances and payment history, make payments, view your account details as well as change your CASHNet Third Party User ID, password, and security question. You can also set-up SMS account alerts.
Helpful TIp: Shoud you need to reset your CASHNet password please contact the student that granted you guest access. The student can reset your password you when they are logged into their ZOT Account and inside the CASHNet payment portal.
CHARGES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
These figures may not be final: fees and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California. Accordingly, final approved levels and charges may differ from the amounts shown. Please go to the UCI General Catalogue for descriptions and amounts of approved fees. Consult the UCI Registrar for the most up-to-date information.
- Registration Fees
- To be officially registered at UCI, you must complete two steps: enrolling in classes, and paying your registration fees by the quarterly fee deadline. Financial Aid and Graduate Support recipients must enroll first in the Minimum Required Units (MRU), in order for Financial Aid to apply to registration fees. Course, Laboratory and Materials Fees These fees are typically billed three weeks after the start of classes.
- eTech Fees
- These fees are typically billed three weeks after the start of classes.
- Late Fees
- Your ZOT Account will incur a late fee of $20.00 per month if the amount due is not paid by the due date.
- Student Health Insurance
UCI students are assessed a student health insurance plan (SHIP) fee as part of their registration fees. If you can demonstrate coverage by a comparable health insurance plan, you may submit an online request to waive out of SHIP. If approved, the SHIP waiver is effective for the current term through to the end of the academic year.
Click the “UC SHIP Waiver” link in your ZOT Account to get started. To waive out of SHIP for the current academic year, follow the links to submit your online request during the open waiver period. Waiver schedules for several academic years are posted at the Student Health Center web site. A new waiver request must be submitted for each year.
You can submit a waiver request ONE TIME ONLY for a given academic year. Carefully complete the waiver worksheet in advance, so you have the correct information prepared. After submitting your request online, you receive an immediate approval or denial. You cannot go back to change your answers or restart the online process.
Submit your request early in the open waiver period, so your ZOT Account may be updated well before the registration fee payment deadline. Allow 10 business days for the waiver credit to be posted to your account. If you need to register before then, pay the Amount Due with no deduction for SHIP. A credit balance/refund will be generated when the waiver is posted. For further information, please visit the site: Student Health Center Insurance.
- SIR (Student Intent to Register) Deposits
- Undergraduate SIR deposits are credited to students’ Zot Account as payment toward their Registration fees.