Pay Your Zot Account using International Funds Transfer
The University has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions (WUBS) to offer international payment services utilizing Bank-to-Bank (wire) transfers.
Some benefits of Bank-to-Bank Transfers are:
- Pay from your own bank, with the currency of your home country.
You can pay online, over the phone, or visit your local branch (as provided by your bank).
- Currency exchange rates are highly competitive and guaranteed for 72 hours.
Payments made within the guarantee window won’t be over or short due to fluctuating markets.
- There are no additional charges from Western Union or from UC Irvine.
You may be charged a transaction fee by your bank, however.
- Payments are applied quickly, usually within 2 business days of initiating payment.
Your Zot Account will be credited on the next business day, after we receive notice from WUBS.
- Eliminate the guesswork involved with applying transferred funds.
You will be provided with a unique reference number to accurately identify your payment.
To make your international payment
- Access the Payment Website
- Log in to your Zot Account.
- Select “Current Account”.
- Scroll down and select the button labled “**International Payment”.
- Or access the payment site directly.
- Enter the Student Information
- Enter Payment Information
- Enter the payment amount in US Dollars.
- Select the currency you are using to pay.
- The conversion rate is locked for 72 hours.
- -If you are paying with Indian rupees (INR), you must use the services of ICICI Bank.
- Make Your Payment
- Initiate your payment with your bank within 72 hours, otherwise a new confirmation will be required.
- Your bank must include the reference number provided on your confirmation.
- Verify Your Payment
- If WUBS does not receive your payment within the 72-hour guarantee window, prevailing exchange rates will apply.
- Your payment may be less than you expected, if the exchange rate is less favorable.
- Overpayments will be refunded to the student in the absence of Special Instructions.
- If the Special Instructions were “Prepayment,” any overage will remain in your Zot Account until we receive the payor’s written instructions for refunding.