The University of California works with a loan servicer for processing Campus Based Student Loan repayment, deferment, and cancellation transactions. Heartland ECSI is the new loan servicer that manages Perkins and university student loan repayments.
When you have completed your degree at UCI or if you are no longer a UCI Student, you will be required to pay your loan once the grace period has ended and your loan enters repayment. Our loan servicer, Heartland ESCI will contact you regarding completing an Exit Interview and arranging to repay your loan after you leave UCI.
Please Contact Us if you have questions about the loan amount, terms of the loan, or repayment of your loan.
To be sure that you receive all communications from Heartland/ECSI:
- Make sure your address and contact information is updated with your loan servicers
- Look for an email from Heartland ECSI within 3 months of graduating for Exit Counseling instructions (or for payment information for loans entering repayment)
Know your student loan repayment obligations!
- A student loan is a serious and important financial obligation, and you must repay your loan.
- You are required to repay your loan(s) regardless of whether you complete your education, are able to find employment, or are satisfied with your education.
- Repayment is required according to the terms of your promissory note.
- You must provide your loan servicer with corrections to your name, address, references, Social Security number, and driver's license information.
- You may be able to apply for deferment, forbearance, or cancellation of your loan payments. (Refer to your promissory note.)
- If you do not apply for deferment or cancellation, you must pay your loan(s) as scheduled.
- You can prepay all or part of your loan(s) at any time without penalty.
- You may be eligible to defer repayment if you go to another institution of higher education. Contact the university's loan servicer, Heartland ESCI, (888) 549-3274.